Aug 2, 2009

Saturdays are for adventures!

I haven't been deluged with name suggestions for the new vehicle. I do like Bethany's suggestion of Sky with Blue for the middle name, so I think I'll call him "Sky" for a few days and see if it fits. So Saturday we went on an adventure in Sky and I'm pleased to report that he has a bug covered windshield and covered with dust from the non-paved roads, as a proper SUV should.
We went to Massacre Rocks State Park which is a few miles west of American Falls. The area is on the Oregon Trail and in 1862 there were some Indian skirmishes with 2 pioneer emigrant trains.
The Snake River is dramatic here.
Sky's outside temperature gauge said 95 degrees.
We had a delightful peaceful picnic (only ones there) and enjoyed dousing ourselves in a water faucet.
So I'm getting into the pioneer spirit and since I went to an enrichment dutch oven cooking demonstration Fri. night, I'm making a dutch oven apple cobbler for Sunday dinner (with Sprite for the liquid.)

0 comments: