Feb 10, 2010

15 Years With Ana

After 15 years of sponsoring Ana in Barranquilla, Colombia she has turned 19 years old and graduated from the program. This is very emotional for me. I did send her a final letter and was able to give her my address and email but I don't know if she'll be able to stay in contact. I'm not going to sponsor another child because it is a big commitment. Her final letter says:
Dear Sponsor Carolyn M.,
I greet you wishing you are in good health. I thank you so much for all the time you was sponsoring me and for giving me your love. You helped me so much and I received many benefits especially medical and dental care and the school supplies. Sponsor, I got to become very attached to you, but now is the time to say good-bye; I invite you to continue to sponsor other children like me. I fondly say good-bye, your sponsored child. Ana L. S. A.

0 comments: