May 16, 2010

Howdy From Texas!

My Texas trip began on Thurs. with flights from I.F. to Denver, Denver to Dallas/Fort Worth and Dallas/Fort Worth to College Station. Julia made me feel very welcome at the airport. Meli made a delicious Bolivian dish for dinner.

In the backyard and everywhere there were many cardinals, mocking birds and mourning doves. I got to meet Ginger who just had a bath here and was sopping wet.

We went for a ride and found access to the Brazos River.


On Friday we went to the College of Architecture Honor Ceremony. This is where John was hooded for his Masters of Landscape Architecture degree from Texas A. & M.

There was a lovely luncheon afterward and Julia posed with the cake before it was cut.



John went back for the degree awarding ceremony. We girls stayed home and watched it on TV. That evening we went for a walk on The Park Hudson Trail. Julia rode her Bolivian trike.

We were looking for wildlife and were surprised to see a poisonous Copperhead snake in the path. There had been a lot of rain and he apparently was looking for a dry place. We also found scorpions.
I got Julia 2 items I thought she really needed: a Candy Land game and a pink camp chair.


On Saturday we went to the Childrens' Museum.

Julia is loading up on produce from the pretend H.E.B. grocery store.

And painting with several paintbrushes. Then we went to 2 horticultural gardens.

Here's proof there really is cute wildlife there.

Then we ate yummy Mexican food at Jose's. Notice Julia in a big chair eating her own meal (with her fingers.)

We went for a drive and found a mother and fawn

and a really interesting old house.

On Sunday I went to Church and went to Julia's nursery class.
I got home at 11 p.m. Sunday night.
This was such a fun trip. Thank you so much John, Meli and Julia!!!!

2 comments:

Babies N Toddlers Dresses said...

we had so much fun with you grammy! thanks for comming!

Katrina said...

I love the picture of John in his cap and gown with Meli and Julia.