I went to the flag ceremony at the veteran's monument. These veteran groups do such much service at burials, etc. There was a live bugler (as opposed to a recording) to play taps which is always so emotional. Someone gave me a poppy to wear. I'm sure thinking about my parents, both WWII veterans.
May 30, 2011
Memorial Day Morning at the River
I went to the flag ceremony at the veteran's monument. These veteran groups do such much service at burials, etc. There was a live bugler (as opposed to a recording) to play taps which is always so emotional. Someone gave me a poppy to wear. I'm sure thinking about my parents, both WWII veterans.
Posted by Carolyn at 10:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Scary river!
wow, send some of that water our way
What do you put in your bird feeder?
Post a Comment