Jun 24, 2012

May and June Adventures

I've been posting photos on facebook and haven't been keeping up my blog, so here's a catch up post.

Before our flight to New Mexico for Memorial Day weekend, Mandy & I went to Pleasant Grove for an early 1st birthday party for Annie. The Crenshaws were also there.

Princess Annie
who got to devour her own cake!


The day before we got there, Julia graduated from pre-school.
John's family picked us up from the Albuquerque airport. We got to see the temple.
We wanted to take the tram to the top of Sandia Peak, but it wasn't running because of the wind, so we went to Coronado State Monument, an ancient pueblo ruin on the Rio Grande that has some preserved murals.




We brought Mexican food home and decided to drive the back way to the top of Sandia Peak. While in Placitas we discovered the remarkable coincidence that the little boy I tended after his sister's horrendous accident at Bluewater Lake 26 years ago is the Elder's Quorum Pres. in John's ward. I got to meet his family and hug him at church the next day.
It was a beautiful drive. It was very windy at the top. The smoke from the Gila Wilderness fire (largest in NM history) hindered the view.



Elena is mobile!
I got to meet Max (windy)
Everyone loves Aunt Mandy!
After Church on Sun., Meli made us delicious Bolivian food.

Julia & her chicken Belina and in her jeep.

On Mon. we went to the Natl. History museum in Albuquerque before being dropped off at the airport. It was a fantastic weekend!


On the next weekend, I had guests (the Phillips) who were returning from their vacation in Washington. I love the picture of the pandas in the rain forest.
And on the weekend after that, I got to redeem my Yellowstone trip coupon that I got from the Cummins for Christmas. I loved being in the back seat with the kids.
After checking into our motel in West Yellowstone, we went to the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center. We all loved it.




Sat. morning, we went into the park. We saw many, many baby bison.


Middle Geyser Basin (it was cold and windy so the steam felt good.)

Upper Geyser Basin (Old Faithful area)








Thank you so much for taking me to the happiest place on earth!!!!

1 comments:

msm said...

Best Pictures: Elena in her eskimo outfit. Rain Forest pics with the blond kids, Annie so happy at her birthday party and Jackson going crazy at old faithful.