I knew Bethany, Celeste and Mandy were coming for a visit. I didn't know that Katrina had consented at the last minute to let Jackson go on his first trip without his family. Celeste slept in the Elmo toddler bed and Jackson in his Lightning McQueen tent next to it.
On Sat. morning we went to the Pioneer Day breakfast at the church.
Then we went to the zoo. C. & J. got to wear the hats that I've made for the grandkids for the upcoming Colorado Adventure.
Jackson didn't like the flamingo aroma.
Mandy had just returned from Italy and she made us an Italian meal. Before church on Sun., we went to the temple visitor center and to feed the geese.
Reacting to the Jesus statue speaking:
After church, we went to see Mandy's projects at BYU-Idaho. The kids fell asleep so we went for a ride to St. Anthony. Some how we stumbled on the railroad bridge that Joel & I had found that was in pictures in Grandpa Martineau's album. It's between St. Anthony & Parker. You can't get very close to it (unless you walked on the tracks.)


Mandy, the designer of the Taylor Quad. It is an oasis in the desert with rocks and plants like the Holy Land. In the coming years the trees and plants will fill in. The living water gushes from the Moses rock like in the Old Testament.
Another project she worked on: the amphitheater.
The guests left on Mon. It was so fun having two 3-year olds. They played so well together. They were a delight. Mandy brought me an Italian marble vase from Italy. (I get a vase from all her fun journeys.)


0 comments:
Post a Comment